PL EN
Zamek golubski w średniowieczu. Architektura i technika budowy.
Bogusz Wasik 1  
 
Więcej
Ukryj
1
Muzeum Zamkowe w Malborku
AUTOR DO KORESPONDENCJI
Bogusz Wasik   

bogusz.wasik@wp.pl
Data publikacji online: 20-07-2019
Data publikacji: 20-07-2019
 
KMW 2019;304(2):191–217
 
SŁOWA KLUCZOWE
DZIEDZINY
STRESZCZENIE
Golub Castle has aroused the interest of researchers since the 19th century. In the 1960s, in connection with its planned reconstruction, architectural and archaeological research was carried out, the results of which, however, were not fully realised. In 1989, further archaeological surveys were carried out to verify the question of the earlier settlement. From the current research it can be concluded that there was no early medieval stronghold in the place of the later castle. However, there was settlement until the 11th century. The next traces derive only from the time when Golub was taken over by the Teutonic Knights in 1293. It can be concluded from the sources that they erected a temporary wooden watchtower, which was the seat of the procurator in 1304. It is uncertain whether it was situated in the same location as the castle, although perhaps it is associated with a layer of burning, documented under the high castle. It is also unclear whether the original moat and embankment, protecting the outer ward from the west, should be associated with this structure. Around 1305 a commandery was established in Golub and the construction of a brick castle began. This saw the employment of the old Culm measure and the geometric ad quadratum method. The four-wing convent house was built according to a homogeneous plan, but it was implemented in stages typical for this type of building in Prussia. First, a peripheral curtain wall was built, then the main and subsequent wings. Modifications were made during the process of construction, abandoning, among others, the building of the Bergfrid. From the west, the castle was protected by a walled moat and parcham. Initially the outer bailey was constructed of timber and earth, on a trapezoidal plan and protected by the aforementioned moat and embankment. It was not until around the mid-14th century that the brick perimeter of the outer ward with towers was built, expanding them to the west and southeast. Inside, there were farm buildings, known from modern sources and archaeological excavations. At the end of the 14th century, two cylindrical fire towers were built in front of the west facade of the convent house, and at the beginning of the 15th century, two houses were inserted between them. The last works carried out by the Teutonic Knights in the castle were related to its reconstruction after the war of 1422.
eISSN:2719-8979
ISSN:0023-3196