Sanctuary in Święta Lipka in the light of the post-visitation report from 1798
More details
Hide details
Uniwersytet Warmińsko-Mazurski w Olsztynie
Online publication date: 2018-04-05
Publication date: 2018-04-06
Corresponding author
Andrzej Kopiczko
KMW 2018;299(1):77-100
In the archives of the Archdiocese of Warmia there are numerous sources for the history of the sanctuary in Święta Lipka. Many of them have already been used in published articles and monographs. It turns out, however, that some of them have been omitted, although they contain valuable information about the temple’s equipment, pastoral work and social life. An example of this is the manuscript of the post-visitation protocol from October 10, 1798, used in this paper. It contains a brief history of the place and the first chapel, a description of the current church construction and its equipment, information about liturgy, salaries, other buildings, priests and church employees, a hospital and a music school. Also, written foundation documents of the sanctuary the originals of which have been lost are an extremely valuable addition.
Journals System - logo
Scroll to top