PL EN
Religious administration of the Gdańsk Voivodeship towards the allocation of bells from post-Evangelical temples in Powiśle after 1945. Case study
 
More details
Hide details
1
Towarzystwo Naukowe im. Wojciecha Kętrzyńskiego, Polska
 
 
Submission date: 2023-05-11
 
 
Final revision date: 2023-06-26
 
 
Acceptance date: 2023-07-24
 
 
Online publication date: 2023-10-20
 
 
Publication date: 2023-10-20
 
 
Corresponding author
Andrzej B. Krupa   

Towarzystwo Naukowe im. Wojciecha Kętrzyńskiego, Polska
 
 
KMW 2023;322(3):399–409
 
KEYWORDS
TOPICS
history
 
ABSTRACT
The people settling in Powiśle after 1945 took over post-Evangelical temples for worship purposes. These facilities were damaged or devastated, each to a different degree. The missing equipment, including bells, was supplemented from the assets of closed Protestant churches, among others. In 1948, the bells were moved from Mikołajki Pomorskie to Sztumska Wieś. In the face of the resulting conflict, the Gdańsk religious administration officially remained neutral. The bells from the former Evangelical church in Łoza were classified in 1953 as a source of secondary raw materials. However, the instruments most likely survived only thanks to the incompetence of the district authorities in Sztum. They are probably being used in one of the Catholic parishes in northern Poland.
eISSN:2719-8979
ISSN:0023-3196